SLET DET (DELETE IT)
Children and youngsters can write Save the Children Denmark’s specialists on www.sikkerchat.dk/sletdet, if the child or youngster undergo that images of them are being shared without their consent. Helpful information on intimate images online and step-by-step guides can also be found at the website. On SLET DET ( “Delete it” translated) the specialists from Save the Children Denmark will:
- Pass on knowledge to children and youngsters on the sharing of images.
- Offer advice to parents, who write on behalf of their children.
- Advise children and youngsters to talk to an adult, if they go through that images of them are being shared without their consent.
- Offer specific guidance to children and youngsters on how to delete images and videos online.
- In some cases offer help to contact those, who have shared the images and/or videos online.
- In some cases contact and ask the social media or company to delete offensive images.
- In some cases mediate contact to the police and SSP (a formalized cooperation between schools, social services and the police).